If you have ever been fortunate enough to experience a ride through the Pyrénées in spring, you will know that a Windjacket is an absolute must. Iconic spots like Col d’Aubisque, a legend of the Pyrénées with its rich road race history, may feel Le Mistral’s chilly winds well into May. When you are battling […]
Mens Cycle Windjacket
- Highly windproof, water-resistant front fabric
- Highly breathable, ultra-stretch, water-resistant rear fabric
- Reflective shoulder seam tape and rear stripe for high visibility
- Reflective hem binding with silicon gripper
- Three easy access rear pockets with internal pump loop
- Zipped security pocket
- Alcantara zip guard
- Packable into zip pocket
- Highly technical microfibre ultra stretch fabric
- Lightweight, high performance – 163g
- Durable Water Repellent outer finish, PFC-free
- YKK® Reverse Coil #3 Zipper with enlarged ashmei zip pull
If you have ever been fortunate enough to experience a ride through the Pyrénées in spring, you will know that a Windjacket is an absolute must. Iconic spots like Col d’Aubisque, a legend of the Pyrénées with its rich road race history, may feel Le Mistral’s chilly winds well into May. When you are battling such wind, you will come to depend on our Windjacket for its near supernatural ability to keep you dry, warm and comfortable.
The front panel of the Windjacket is highly windproof to ensure the wind chill does not knock you off your stride, while the DWR treatment prevents any moisture penetration. The rear of the jacket is constructed with a highly breathable ultra-stretch fabric for great moisture management and thermo-regulation over long distances. To allow you to maintain focus on the road, three rear pockets have been incorporated to keep your accessories close to hand, whilst a zipped security pocket ensures they are secure.
Elliot, Head of ashmei R&D, explains: “Fabric was critical in the design and performance success of the Windjacket, developing lightweight fabrics with high stretch, then mapping these on the cyclist’s body to create areas that enhance breathability and wind-proofing where the athlete requires it.”
Men’s Cycle Jacketsashmei jackets have an ergonomic cut and are slim cut to avoid wind resistance. The jackets have been tailored with a typical "on bike" position with required movement in mind.