Womens Cycle Softshell Jacket
- Tailored cycle fit
- Incredible stretch – full range of motion
- Signature, reflective ashmei rear and front stripe for high visibility
- Zipped waterproof pocket with internal pump loop
- Concealed zipped security pocket for valuables
- Three rear easy-access stuff pockets
- Discrete key pocket built into front zip guard
- Side seam ventilation zippers
- Pit zips for additional ventilation
- Magnet drop tail guard
- Technical front fabric waterproof to 10,000mm
- Also highly breathable to 10,000gm/m2/24hr
- Merino blend stretch back panels
- Lightweight, high performance – 349g
- Durable Water Repellent outer finish, PWC-free
- Two-way, offset water-resistant YKK® AquaGuard zip
Fans of our Ultimate Softshell Jacket will probably recognise that it has all the hallmarks of a piece born in the Chilterns. It was forged in the foothills of the Chiltern ‘Alps’ where changeable conditions and majestic Red Kites rule the roost. One minute you could find yourself gasping for air as you climb Tom’s Hill in warm sunshine, the next you will be feeling the chill as raindrops bounce off the leaves in the densely wooded Ashridge Estate. In other words, versatility needs to come as standard.
And it does. Every detail of this jacket has been considered at length by our design team. From the incorporation of Merino wool in the rear panels to ensure that you are dry and warm when it is fresh, to the front fabric that is 100% waterproof, breathable and windproof for when Mother Nature doesn’t play so nice. It’s all there.
Then there are the little details. Three rear pockets with elasticated hems have been incorporated to keep those essentials secure, while a rear tail guard drops down to protect the Bib Shorts in foul weather, retained in place by three magnetic snaps. Honestly, we could go on….
Ambassador Louise Croxson, who modeled the Softshell on our photoshoot in Norway, says: “Really impressed with how lightweight and comfortable the Softshell Jacket is. You barely feel like you are wearing it at all. It looks great and feels non-bulky whilst also keeping you so warm and dry – inside and out – even when pushing hard.”
Women’s Cycle Jacketsashmei jackets have an ergonomic cut and are slim cut to avoid wind resistance. The jackets have been tailored with a typical "on bike" position with required movement in mind.